Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Window of Opportunity

June30

I wish you could see me. My hubby's gone, my computer won't work properly,so I'm blogging on Kurt' tiny phone keypad. It's laughable. What's most laughable is that I'm actually taking the pains to do it. Anyway...

We actually got up and did some school today. Keegan did 6 math lessons in one day, of his own accord. Wow! The oldest four have all been keeping journals. It will be so nice for them to preserve some memories.

We went to the library. It is truly one of my favorite places to go. The children amused themselves with books, toys, and coloring, and the local children amused themselves with mine. And I got to READ! Even Estelle was content for almost an hour in their partitioned play area. Then Keegan treated everyone to ice cream.

Bronwyn and I tried to run again. Keegan and Diana were biking and we were going to push two children each in our buggies. But we had a huge hole in one tire. Then Keegan and I gave piggybacks and Bronwyn pushed a stroller, but then one child was always left out. To top it off,we got locked out of the trailer AGAIN but this time we don't know how it happened. But we got in lickety-split by hoisting Diana through the emergency window above Evangeline's bed that she must have unlatched, like she's done so many times before. Small mercies! Oh yaaaaa, now I remember why my fitness fell by the wayside! Life can really get in the way. But tomorrow is a new day... and tomorrow my extra set of trailer keys will be stowed in the van.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Supermom
    A suggestion from your mother: get a tailer key cut and wear it on a chain around your neck - at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know everyone says Kurt is the adventurous one... but you managing out there on your own, I think it's you! You're a great mummy.

    ReplyDelete