Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Convenient Truth

JULY 2

Not that anyone cares about my internet woes, but something happened that was amusing to me. I went and saw the camp manager, Vern, and he told me the campground has its own router and he gave me the password. Finally, a solution for my temperamental computer, and it had been there all along. However, he warned me, it might only work in the laundry room. So to really make things easy on myself, today I am blogging from the library computer.

A beautiful day. Sunny and breezy. I don't really enjoy the wind, except on a super hot day, but when the alternative is a barrage of bugs, a little wind is downright heavenly.

We went swimming again today. Keegan played with his little siblings the entire time and they loved him for it. Bronwyn swam 40 lengths. She said if a pool was readily available at home, swimming would be her sport of choice. I would be inclined to agree with her if I was more of a swimmer, and less of a flounderer. I did give it a go, though, and swam 10 lengths. However, my suit-ahem- was not appropriate for the activity. Some suits are made for swimming, some for lounging. After trying some side-strokes, I discovered my suit is more of the lounging, non-sporty, variety. We had another screaming,crying shower fiasco, though not unexpected. We did get dressed unscathed. That is, if I don't include Naomi bumping her knee on a bench she couldn't see because she was walking with her eyes shut, for fear of soap or water getting into her eyes. And a reminder to myself: NEXT TIME, MUST BRING POST-SWIM SNACKS!

The access to so many things that come with living in a town is a real treat for us. We can walk everywhere we need to go: the post office, the grocery store, the pool, the park, and the ice cream store. Hmm, maybe that last one's not such a good thing. I would LOOOOVE to go to a gym everyday by myself. Or maybe that's just easy to say when it's not even in the realm of possibility. Besides, Kurt would say I'm better off enjoying the great outdoors. He does have a point, but no distractions and everything at my fingertips would be a novelty.

We stopped by the fruit truck again on the way home and got some more goodies, of the fresh variety, that is. Keegan wants to go 'home' and just eat fruit for supper. I just might let him.

2 comments:

  1. Running, biking, and swimming - when's the triathalon? You are all going to be buff when you get home! The blog is great Elaine - I know more about what you are doing than when you are in SV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and when are you going to tell me what you've being doing?!!
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete