Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pool-mania

JULY 4

I got up this morning before the kids were awake and did an aquafit class at the pool. It was fun, and didn't seem that strenuous but I was feeling it in my muscles later. I came back and we made some lunch and then hurried back to the pool for the family swim.

Bronwyn and Keegan swam 40 lengths together. Which is great for them, but left me with less help than I am accustomed to having or capable of doing. The lifeguard had to speak to Ezra twice-once for running on the pool deck, and once for standing on a floating map. Where was his mother? Looking in three other directions: chasing after Naomi, hitching a baby on my hip who didn't want to get wet, and trying to divert Evangeline who did not think she could be happy unless she had the PINK ball. Josiah was diving for rings and Mackenzie was looking out for Diana, who wants desperately to be doing what the bigger ones are doing, whether she is capable or not. Lest it sounds like my kids left me to my own devices, they did all take turns with the little ones at different intervals. I do want them to enjoy some freedom as well. Alas, I forgot the post-swim snacks and suffered the consequences. With the acoustics in the change rooms, it's a wonder the pool staff didn't swoop in to rescue the would-be sufferers of all-that-is-wrong-with-having-yourself-showered-and-clothed.

We went back to the trailer and I got supper going. I left the kids for an hour and went BACK to the pool for the adult swim. It was so nice. There was only one other person swimming and the pool was illuminated only by the underwater lights. Very soothing. Inspired by my eldest two, and with Bronwyn's swim top in hand, I was ready to try a lane swim. I did 40 lengths and enjoyed hearing nothing but the water moving around my ears. I am sure it wasn't pretty, but I did get myself from one end to the other. I felt good, but was surprised when I stepped out of the pool. I was walking none to straight and feeling a little dizzy. Hmm, maybe 4 hours at the pool in one day is a bit much. But no worries, I feel good.

3 comments:

  1. Are you a bit prune like after all that water time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and next time, maybe you should try Bronwyn's swim top on, instead of swimming with it in your hand. You always swim faster when you're not holding something. And probably make less of a ruckus with a top on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings and felicitations on your natal anniversary - have a great day!

    e

    ReplyDelete