Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Warning- this Blog may Experience some Inactivity

July 27

Man. What a hot day. Twenty-seven degrees and muggy. It's the hottest day we've experienced all summer. The heat sure makes the bugs disappear. The kids slept late and Keegan and Bronwyn got to the job site after 11 am. All the excitement and work started to catch up with them. Ike couldn't believe he was working in heat like this in the North.

The kitchen closed at the school yesterday, and Michele was glad her cooking duties were over. She decided to read in the heat and have some down time. Ike and Michele wanted me to say hi to everyone at home. They wouldn't say they are having a holiday, but they are having an adventure.

The kids had swimming lessons today, and Michele took Ezra over. He cried in distress about having to go, but Michele said he jumped right in and was very brave. Naomi did well moving into the class with Diana, and Josiah is always game. Immediately after, the youth swim started. Bronwyn took a break from working to take Evangeline. She was feeling left out. The others went too. Mackenzie tried to keep an eye on Ezra and Diana and Naomi were swim buddies. I think there were more kids than water in the pool. Evangeline quickly changed her tune from enthusiasm to dismay. I don't think she ever did come to grips with the chaos. Ezra handled himself very maturely. He asked very pleasantly, "Bronwyn, could you take me to a part of the pool where I won't get kicked in the face?

I'm writing this in the middle of the day. It may be my only chance. The school will be locked today from now on, and Internet access might be limited. I will blog when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment