Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Ordinary Day

June 29
Last night, Bronwyn and I ran for 40 minutes. At their camp, Keegan and Bronwyn discovered the Hanthorns are committed to their morning run, and they were inspired to try it for themselves. Keegan hurt his ankle at camp so he couldn't come, but with some chiropractic care, he should be up and RUNNING in no time. I write this with fear and trepidation, because they've recruited me as well, and now I am in danger of being held accountable to my commitment, because it is now public knowledge. Which is also the reason why I SHOULD write it, because then maybe I will stick to it, if for no other reason-the worst reason- my pride. I did enjoy the time with my daughter, even though I felt like I was chasing her heels.

Bronwyn wanted to make pancakes for breakfast, but we needed a few ingredients, so Bronwyn biked to the store, pulling Naomi in the buggy. And being easily amused, Naomi had fun pushing the cart around the store. Ahhh, simple pleasures. It was a nice send-off for Kurt, because after our meal, I drove Kurt to the airport. He is at Johnson Point on Banks Island, which is WAAAY further north than here. He arrived safe and sound and said it was very windy and the Arctic Ocean is still frozen over. As a point of interest, Ken Borek Air, who Kurt flies with, also does flights in Antarctica during the Arctic off-season. Kurt will be working there for the next three weeks.

It warmed up today to +10 C and as if it needs retelling, the mosquitoes were not our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment