Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rest for the Wicked

June 22
My legs had a serious 5 km hangover in the morning-I felt stiff and sore, and a little pathetic that it took so little to do so much damage. But it hurt so good-the afterpain from doing something good for myself.

We had a pretty slow (translation: RELAXING!!!) day, doing errands and laundry and such. Funny to think laundry could be relaxing, but it's not too bad when you have nothing else pressing to do. Evangeline and I went to the post office to mail some letters, and lo and behold, there were two letters waiting for us! (Thanks, you know who you are.)

I raced Ezra and Naomi back from the washrooms. I went on the road; they went on the trails through the bush. Unfortunately, Naomi left Ezra 'in the dust' and I could hear him screaming her name in distress. I had to laugh. While Ezra thought he was lost and abandoned, I could see him clear as day in his red shorts one foot from freedom beyond the bushes.




No comments:

Post a Comment