Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fox on the Run

Sept 12

Saturday morning, Keegan and Bronwyn helped the Hanthorns cut ski trails. We had a knock on our door at 11 am. The kids next door, Rayden and Kylin, invited my little guys to play. Inge, their mother, said she had to hold them off, otherwise they would have been knocking on our door MUCH earlier. Other than the trailcutters, my whole kit and kaboodle ended up playing in their house and Inge and I had a visit.

Before the Hanthorns showed up for Diana’s birthday celebration, I was determined to walk down to the river to take some pictures. It was such a beautiful day and I thought it might be my last chance. It was a rushed walk but I got my photos, though the beautiful autumn leaves had mostly fallen to the ground.

The Hanthorns arrived and I experienced a hostess’ nightmare. Because I am not completely familiar with my surroundings, I set the stove to 350, thinking that was all that was required, but I neglected to push the very necessary START button. Needless to say, they showed up and our food was not cooked. OOPS! So everyone played games and read our books while we waited for our enchiladas to bake. No harm done and nobody wasted away. It was nice to be able to invite them to ‘our’ house.

Church was good, though I was preoccupied with children for most of it. Immediately after,it was the Terry Fox Run to 8 Mile. It was so cold and breezy, Lynn and I decided to each stay home with our little gaffers. Keegan and Bronwyn ran with Sarah, Annah, Joel, and Ruth. They both said it was easier than last time they did it. Woohoo! Mackenzie and Josiah biked with Judah. They were rewarded at the end with free burgers. We finished off the day with games at the Hanthorns. I tried to call Kurt and missed him again. Better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment