Friday, September 11, 2009

A D-lighful Day

September 11

Today was Diana's eighth birthday. After she went to bed last night, Kenzie hung streamers, Bronwyn made clues for a treasure hunt, and we all wrote cards and drew pictures and compiled them into 'Diana's Birthday Book.' Diana was the last one to get up so we had lots of time to get our surprises together. Even Evangeline drew a picture for Diana.

We had her favorite 'boxed cereal'( a real novelty for our family) for breakfast-Corn Pops. I didn't even know she had ever tried them before. She didn't ask for them, but I thought I would surprise her, because she wouldn't expect to get junk food like that from me. I always let the kids choose their meals for their birthday so they usually take advantage of the opportunity to eat foods that make me shudder.

She read her birthday book, and followed Bronwyn's clues to find presents from her two big sisters. Then I took her alone to the Tent and Canvas Shop. She had no idea where we were going. She picked out her own tote bag, chose an embroidery pattern and the font for her monogram, and then watched Calvin personalize her bag. She really enjoyed it, and I must say she made good choices. It looks amazing!



Judah ran over to say Kurt was on the phone. Diana and I ran to the Hanthorns but we missed the call. At least Paul got to talk to Kurt for 15 minutes of so. We called Kurt back, and Diana did get a chance to receive birthday wishes from her daddy.

To add to her day, Diana received two birthday presents in the mail. Grandpa sent his traditional card and money, which the kids always enjoy receiving. Diana made a nice pose for you.



She also received some cake decorating supplies in the mail. (Thanks, Tim and Lori!) It was such a timely gift. I had made an extra cake, so we decided to let the kids personalize their own piece of cake. Judah, Jesse, and Esther joined in the fun, as did the neighbors, Rayden and Kylynn. Then they played in the yard, ate some more and we finished off her special day with a movie.

I love my little 'D.' Happy Birthday, Diana. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment