Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Double Vision

September 14-15

Bronwyn has been playing my double. She was mistaken for me twice today. One of them invited her to a feast following a funeral. (From what I've seen, meals after funerals are usually public affairs, and anyone is welcome.) Then another lady thanked Bronwyn for helping her with a health issue. Bronwyn replied, "Uh, you must be talking about my mom. I'm her daughter." To top it off, someone saw her walking out of the RCMP compound and asked her if she was the wife of a new police officer in town. She finds it all rather funny, but a little disconcerting.

School is now in full swing and takes up much of each day. Naomi is on fire for reading and has surpassed all my expectations. She read 10 books in one sitting, two days running. The only thing that might hold her back is her mother, who's not sure she can keep it up every day, with 8 other people needing attention and...the occasional meal. Especially when Josiah wants to read to me one to two hours every night. What a wonderful problem for a homeschooling mother to have!

Estelle is coming into her own. She is crawling everywhere. She managed to find the garbage can in the bathroom, emptied its contents, fished out the remains of a cookie, and sucked on the fruits of her labor. It was like she had radar or something! Evangeline was hard pressed to eat a gummy bear I rewarded her, because Estelle kept trying to push her fingers into Evangeline's mouth to retrieve it for her own enjoyment. For fear of talking too much about the mundane activities of our lives, I will say no more. But it's all in a day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment